Hey ladies and gents! Check out my favorite summer nail look that I have created so far: Grapey Gradient!
Who likes a little bright summer gradient? I sure do! I got my nail confidence back up and decided to revisit the gradient trend. I tried it twice last year, and was never quite impressed with my results. But like Aaliyah said, “if at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself off and try again”. You guys know what I’m talkin’ about! Haha… lyrics aside, I decided to imitate one of the prettiest gradients that I have seen. Here was my inspiration
Image via Pinterest
I know that the finished product did not turn out like the Pinterest one above, but I still could not stop looking at my nails! They look so purrttyy in the sunlight, and I even added a few hexagon glitters on the ring finger.
How I achieved this look:
1 triangle makeup sponge
Sinful Colors polish in “Dream On” which is #80
Forever 21 polish in “Teal”
Sally Hansen in white
1. I started with a base of two coats of white polish. Then I waited for 15 minutes for it to completely dry.
2. I painted the two colors on the makeup sponge, so they lined up with one on top of the other. The colors blended together in the middle to form a deep purple color.
3. I used the sponge to repeatedly stamp the colors onto my finger
4. I repeated this painting of the sponge and stamping my finger for each individual nail
(Note: you can paint the sponge less, if you want more of an abstract look. I tried to make my look a clean as I could… But it was still a little messy)
5. Let it dry and then cleaned up the cuticles and outside nail with acetone
6. Added some Seche Vita, and girl, I was lookin’ FLY!
Pretty simple, no? It only took me about an hour, so it was not too bad. My best girlyfriend and I had a nice quiet Saturday watching one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces of the century… Clueless. I did our nails and snuggled up to this little cutie!
His name is Rocky. He is 50% Pomeranian, 50% chihuahua, and 100% cuddle monster! He and I got along swimmingly… Seeing as I am a cuddle whore.
I hope you guys liked my summery gradient, let me know what you thought of it!